There’s been some very good news for the Take Five Authors team – Janet and Sue are both shortlisted for the Romantic Novel of the year awards, presented by the Romantic Novelists’ association here in the UK.
Both are very pleased to finally be able to talk about it here…
I’m not ashamed to say I got more than a little misty when I got the email saying that Wedding Bells By The Creek was shortlisted for the RoNA Rose Award. Keeping it under my hat all this time has been really tough. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops. Last year, my novel Little Girl Lost won the Epic Romantic Novel of the Year award and to have this novella that follows it also shortlisted (in a different category) is just more than I could ever have hoped for.
There are some of my favourite authors on this year’s shortlists, and luckily Sue and I are in different categories. Please keep your fingers crossed for both of us please. But whoever takes home the award, I already feel like a winner.
Here is the full shortlist for the RoNA ROSE Award
RONA Rose for shorter romantic novels
- The Convenient Felstone Marriage, Jenni Fletcher, Harlequin Mills & Boon Historical
- Wedding Bells by the Creek, Janet Gover, independently published
- Their Double Baby Gift, Louisa Heaton, Harlequin Mills & Boon Medical
- Christmas at the Little Village School, Jane Lovering, Choc Lit
- The Mysterious Italian Houseguest, Scarlet Wilson, Harlequin Mills & Boon
And Sue says:
I can’t tell you how pleased and proud I am to see Just for the Holidays shortlisted in the Contemporary category of the Romantic Novel of the Year Awards. I’ve known since November, under strict embargo, and I’ve wanted to explode with joy ever since. Now I’ve seen the formidable competition on the shortlist I’m thrilled to be included … but I’m also feeling realistic about my chances of winning and going through to the overall prize of £5000.
The award ceremony will take place on the 5th of March in London at the Gladstone Library so I have the perfect excuse for a new dress to go with the frivolous boots and handbag I bought late last year to celebrate becoming a Sunday Times best-selling author. You can see a theme developing here, can’t you? Good news equals pretty clothes or accessories! This is only the second time one of my books has been shortlisted for a ‘RoNA’, so I’m making the most of it.
Here is the full Contemporary shortlist:
- Together, Julie Cohen, Orion
- The Picture House by the Sea, Holly Hepburn, Simon & Schuster
- The Keeper of Lost Things, Ruth Hogan, Two Roads, John Murray Press
- The Dangers of Family Secrets, Debby Holt, Accent Press
- The Queen of Wishful Thinking, Milly Johnson, Simon & Schuster
- Just For The Holidays, Sue Moorcroft, Avon Books
- My Summer of Magic Moments, Caroline Roberts, HarperImpulse
- Coming Home to Cuckoo Cottage, Heidi-Jo Swain, Simon & Schuster
You can read more about the RoNA Awards on the Romantic Novelists’ Association website.